Victoria BC, Canada
Saturday, May 9, 2020. All races start at 6:00 a.m.
An (ACU) Association of Canadian Ultrarmarathoners Series event. More about the ACU here...
100K Ultra, 50 Mile Ultra, 50K Ultra, Glenn Jaques 40K Ultra Walk
- 2019 Results
- 2019 Lap Times
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2017 Lap Times
- 2017 Photos
- 2017 Report
- 2016 Photos
Prairie Inn Harriers running club is pleased to present the 33rd Annual Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras.
The fast and flat 10 kilometer trail circuit around Elk and Beaver Lakes is considered as one of the premiere races of its type in North America. Runners complete 10 laps for the 100K division, 8+ laps for 50 Miles and 5 laps for 50K while walkers complete 4 laps for 40K.
The venue is all trails, very flat, has good footing, and is in excellent condition. Definitely a runner-friendly, P.R. type course!
Many North American open and age class records have been set at the Elk/Beaver race including the Andy Jones 100K course record of 6:46:09 and Ray Piva’s North American M70 record of 10:49:41 both set in 1997. In 2000 Lori Bowden set an open women’s 50K Canadian Record of 3:34:18 while Jim Swadling has established four 50K Canadian age class records at E/B, M50 – 3:26:20 in 2000, M55 – 3:32:39 in 2003, M65 – 3:51:44 in 2012 and M70 - 4:17:15 in 2017. In 2010 Ellie Greenwood won the E/B 100K race outright and, in doing so, she set a trail World Record of 7:36:40 for open women. Keith Wakelin set a 50 Mile Canadian M70 age category record of 7:43:57 in 2019.
The race attracts some of the most high performance ultramarathoners in Canada and the United States. It is an excellent qualifier for 100 Mile events. The course is accurately-measured with a Jones Counter and certified splits are available every 10 kilometres. You will not find a flatter trail ultra anywhere in Canada - definitely P.R. material! You'll receive great organization, support, hospitality and race services at the event.
The course will be open at 5:00 am and the event begins at 6:00 am sharp for all runners and walkers.
6:00 pm - All runners and walkers must finish in 12 hours or less.
- 100 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (10 laps).
- 50 Miles - Certified, accurately measured (8 laps plus 470 metres before Lap 1).
- 50 Kilometres - Certified, accurately measured (5 laps).
- 40 Kilometres, Walking Division only - Certified, accurately measured (4 laps).
The Start/Finish is at Beaver Beach at the picnic shelter located at he south end of the Elk/Beaver Lake Park. 730 Beaver Lake Road, near the Filter Beds. Beaver Lake is approximately 11 kilometers north of downtown Victoria and 20 kilometers south of the Victoria airport and ferry terminal. Easy access to the Start/Finish area, good parking and shelter from the weather if needed.
- Online registration is now closed.
- Mail-in registration is available starting on January 1, 2020. Simply print the form and send it to the mailing address on the form.
- Registrations will be accepted by mail up to one week before race day. Day-of-race entrants will only be accepted should entry limit not be reached.
The first 200 entries will be accepted. High performance or far-traveled athletes will receive special consideration.
ACU events do not permit pacers, and the ACU follows the same rules as the IAU which in turn follows the rules of the IAAF. See IAU technical guidelines, article 3.41.
- $75.00 for all divisions. Registration closes May 7, 2020.
- $125.00 for Day-of-Race procrastinators (all distances). No t-shirt, no excuses, no whining, you’re late!
Volunteers! We love our volunteers!
All volunteers will receive a free souvenir garment, and all the free food, drinks, and the best seat to watch some of the best endurance athletes around. If you are interested in volunteering please consider registering on the main registration web site where shifts are available or email the race director.
Open Men (20-39), Open Women (20-39), Master Men (40+), Master Women (40+).
Water at 4 locations on the course, washrooms at 5 locations, sheltered clothing drop, food, electrolyte drinks and water at the Start/Finish area and approximately half way on the 10K loop. Fruit and cookies supplied, bring your own personal drinks and energy food.
Medix Ambulance Service will be on site and will be available for the duration of the race.
Trophies for top male and female in all competitive divisions. Finishers’ medals will be given to all finishers.
An attractive souvenir garment with the race logo for the first 60 registrants.
Pre-race package pick-up will take place on Friday, May 8 in the afternoon from 12:00 noon to 3:00 pm at the 2:18Run store location,1576 Fairfield Road, and in the evening from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the Howard Johnson on Elk Lake Drive. This is subject to change. For late arrivals, you can pick up your race package at the Start Line between 4:00 am and 6:00 am on race morning.
Darcy Kernel, Race Director, Harriers 2:18 Run Elk/Beaver Ultras
Detailed computer results will be posted on this Race Page immediately after the race. The following files provide a historic list of results, lap times and race reports for all Elk/Beaver Ultras.
- 2019 - Results
- 2019 - Splits
- 2019 -
- 2018 - Results - Lap Times - Report
- 2017 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2016 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2015 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2014 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2013 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2012 - - - Report
- 2011 - - - Report
- 2010 -
- 2009 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2008 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2007 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2006 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2005 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2004 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2003 - Results - Splits - Report
- 2002 - - Splits - Report
- 2001 - - -
- 2000 - Results - -
- 1999 - Results
- 1998 - Results - - Report
- 1997 - - -