Link to 2013 Race Results https://racedaytiming.ca/results/2013MagicalMile#.WgG893ZryUm
The Prairie Inn Harriers and 2:18 Run proudly present the fourth edition of the Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile. The "Old School" race takes place on the E&N paved Rail Trail meeting at View Royal Elementary School on Helmcken Road.
NEW 2020 RACE COURSE
The course starts at the Helmcken Rail Bridge and runs west for half a mile to Kislingbury Lane then turns back to the Start/Finish Line at the Helmcken Rail Bridge
ACCESS TO RACE START/FINISH
After parking at View Royal Elementary School, walk up the paved ramp or stairs to the E&N Rail Trail.
ESTIMATED FINISH TIMES
It is mandatory that every runner completes a maximum effort "test mile" as a training run to determine a good indication of their estimated time. Use a local track, or measure 1.6 kilometres with a car or bicycle on a flat road course for the test run. This time will determine rankings, starting positions and bib number assignments.
SANDBAGGERS AND DREAMERS
Runners that are sandbagging by racing at least one minute faster than their estimated time and runners that are dreaming by running at least one minute slower than their estimated time are subject to disqualification. No junk excuses will be accepted for stretching the truth!
RACE FORMAT - STAGGERED STARTS
Every runner will start at 10 second intervals with the fastest estimated time runner going first and the slowest estimated time runner going last. This format offers very little or no passing so that each runner is racing alone against the clock.
Junior Men (12-19) Junior Women (12-19) Senior Men (20-39) Senior Women (20-39) Master Men (40-59), Master Women (40-59) Veteran Men (60-99) Veteran Women (60-99)
Early - $25.00 from March 1 to July 31, 2020. Late - $30.00 from August 1 to September 6, 2020. Day-of-Race $40.00 at Start Line if the entry limit of 100 has not been reached.
VICTORIA MILE SERIES
The Harriers Magical Mile is Race #3 of the Victoria Mile Series (VMS) which also includes the Victoria Day Douglas Mile on May 18 and the Canada Day Lagoon Mile on July 1. Entrants are encouraged to run all three road races to receive a 2020 VMS medal.
Age category awards will be presented at 1:30 pm or as soon as the final runner finishes. Male and female Series champions will receive a trophy based on their combined times from the three races and medals will be presented to all participants that complete the three-race Series
A maximum limit of 100 entries in 8 age categories will be accepted for this event.
- An "Old School" one mile race accurately measured with a Surveyor's Wheel.
- Mandatory estimated times are required to determine rankings, starting positions and bib numbers.
- Staggered starts for all 100 runners at 10 second intervals based on predicted times.
- A perpetual trophy will be presented to the male and female Series champions calculated on their combined times from the three races.
- Online registration opens at noon on March 1, 2020 and closes at midnight on September 5, 2020 or as soon as the limit of 100 entries has been reached.
- 2020 BC Athletics Members are eligible for a $3.00 discount on their entry fee. You will be asked for your membership number during online registration.
- To look up your BCA membership number CHECK HERE.
- There is a Race Roster processing fee for registering online for the 2020 Harriers Bob Reid Magical Mile.
- All funds are payable in Canadian dollars. VISA and MC accepted.