Saturday, November 17, 2018
The first race starts at 1:00 pm
Link to 2013 Race Results https://racedaytiming.ca/results/2013MagicalMile#.WgG893ZryUm
Printable Brochure with Entry Form:
The Prairie Inn Harriers and 2:18 Run proudly present the third edition of the Harriers Bob Reid XC Magical Mile. This race takes place on the gnarly trails of Thetis Lake Park.
NEW RACE COURSE
The course is rugged with hills, boulders, roots, puddles, bedrock and a creek crossing. It starts at the large black Water Tank on Bellamy Train, runs south on Reid Trail, west on Wild Dog Connector Trail, north on Phelps Trail and east on Bellamy back to the Start/Finish Line.
ACCESS TO RACE START/FINISH
After parking in the main lot of Thetis Lake Park, hike or jog on the Upper Thetis Trail to the Susan Reid Trail, then head north to the Water Tank on Bellamy Trail. You can also park at the gate on Bellamy Road and jog in Bellamy Trail to the Water Tank. Allow 20 to 30 minutes to arrive.
ESTIMATED FINISH TIMES
It is mandatory that every runner does a maximum effort "test mile" as a training run to get a good indication of their estimated time. Use a local track, or measure 1.6 kilometres with a car or bicycle on a flat road course for the test run. This time will determine rankings, starting positions and bib number assignments.
SANDBAGGERS AND DREAMERS
Runners that are sandbagging by racing at least one minute faster than their estimated time and runners that are dreaming by running at least one minute slower than their estimated time are subject to disqualification. No junk excuses will be accepted for stretching the truth!
Every runner will start at 10 second intervals with the fastest estimated time in going first and the slowest estimated time going last. This format offers very little or no passing so that each runner is racing alone against the clock.
Junior Men (12-19) Junior Women (12-19) Senior Men (20-39) Senior Women (20-39) Master Men (40-59), Master Women (40-59) Veteran Men (60-99) Veteran Women (60-99)
A maximum limit of 100 entries in 8 age categories will be accepted for this event.
- An "Old School" one mile race accurately measured to 1.16 miles. Old Schoolers always round-down for training and racing distances.
- Separate races for Women (1:00 pm Start) and Men (1:15 pm Start).
- Mandatory estimated times are required to determine rankings, starting positions and bib numbers.
- Staggered starts for all 100 runners at 10 second intervals based on predicted times.
- A beautiful, unique perpetual trophy will be presented to the male and female race champions recording the fastest overall time.
- Online registration will open at 1:00 pm on August 1, 2018 and close at midnight on November 16, 2018 or as soon as the limit of 100 entries has been reached.
- Prairie Inn Harriers will receive a 50% discount on all entry fees except Day-of-Race. Contact the Race Director for a PIH Promo Code.
- 2018 BC Athletics Members are eligible for a $3.00 discount on their entry fee. You will be asked for your membership number during online registration.
- To look up your BCA membership number check HERE.
- There is a Race Roster processing fee for registering online for the 2018 Harriers Bob Reid XC Magical Mile.
- All funds are payable in Canadian dollars. VISA and MC accepted.