Saturday, November 24, 2018
Race Starts at 1:00 p.m. SHARP
Online Registration closes at 6:00 pm on Thursday, November 22.
You can still register in person at package pickup, cash or cheque only.
- 2018 Online Registration - Now CLOSED
- 2018 Printable Race Brochure with Entry Form
- 2018 Gunner Shaw Classic - Course Map
- 2017 Gunner Shaw Race Photos by Joseph Camilleri
- B&W Gunner Shaw Video by Gerry Etcheverry | Same Video in Colour
- Gunner Shaw The Man - A Tribute by Andre Gerard - 1984
- Gunner Shaw - List of Race Winners
- Gunner Shaw LGRR's Cross Country Race in Vancouver
Main beach, Thetis Lake Park, Victoria BC, at the end of Six Mile Road.
Approximately 10 Kilometres. This cross country event is sanctioned by BC Athletics
All trails, many tough hills, rocky, rough, and always wet – an autumn classic cross country race.
Great course with roots, rocks, stumps, puddles, branches, boulders - no whining! Six significant hills and three significant puddles, all named along the course from Puddle No. 1, Bellamy Bitch, to Hill No. 3, The McKenzie Monster, to Hill No. 6, Big Bugger to Puddle No. 3, The Shoe Wash.
Please preregister online or by mail before the early deadline of October 1, 2018. Day-of-race entries will only be accepted at the Start Line from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. if the entry limit has not been reached. There will be NO day-of-race entries accepted once registration reaches 600. Don’t be disappointed register early. Note: Online registrations close at 6:00 pm on November 22, 2018.
- Friday, Nov. 23, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 2:18 Run Store, 1576 Fairfield Road, Victoria, BC.
- Saturday, Nov. 24, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thetis Lake Park, finish line at the main beach.
- $ 30.00 Early registration fee if received by mail or online before October 1, 2018.
- $ 35.00 Late registration fee received from October 1 to November 22, 2018.
- $ 40.00 Day-of-Race, very late fee for procrastinators registering at the start line or the package pick-up on November 23 or 24, 2018.
- NOTE: Prairie Inn Harriers club members will receive 50% off all entry fees except Day-of-Race registrations. Contact the Race Director for a Promo Code.
A maximum limit of 600 entries will be accepted for this race. No exceptions.
All race proceeds will be directed to Harriers Foundation projects. To date the Prairie Inn Harriers Running Club has raised over $350,000 towards Foundation projects in Greater Victoria including seven major scholarships and bursaries at the University of Victoria and Camosun College. Several club members have passed away and scholarships/bursaries have been initiated as a tribute for Bruce "Gunner" Shaw, John Thipthorpe, Susan Reid, Arthur Taylor, Rosamund Dashwood, Ken Smythe and Sandy Auburn.
- M19 (Men under-20)
- M20 (Men 20-29)
- M30 (Men 30-39)
- M40 (Men 40-49)
- M50 (Men 50-59)
- M60 (Men 60-plus)
- F19 (Women under-20)
- F20 (Women 20-29)
- F30 (Women 30-39)
- F40 (Women 40-49)
- F50 (Women 50-59)
- F60 (Women 60-plus)
The Prairie Inn Harriers will host the 2019 Inter-Club Challenge with Vancouver's Lions Gate Road Runners, two of the oldest and well established running clubs in British Columbia. LGRR will host the 2018 Inter-Club Challenge on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at Jericho Park in Vancouver.
Awards and draw prizes will be presented at the finish line immediately after the last runner completes the course, at approximately 2:00 p.m.
There will be limited food and fluid at the finish. Please be prepared by bringing your own refreshments and a dry, warm change of clothes. Hot chocolate, tomato and chicken soup will be available as well as cookies, candies and fruit.
Complete results will be available and posted on this website on race day.
After Race at Six Mile
Join us for a burger, beer and a few laughs as you relive your Gunner Shaw Classic experience with friends!