Sunday, January 7, 2018. Race starts at 11:00 am.
- 2017 Pioneer 8K Online Registration Form
- 2017 Pioneer 8K Printable Entry Form
- 2017 Pioneer High Performance Application Form
- 2017 Pioneer Complimentary Standards and Prize Money
- 2017 Full Series Printable Entry Form
- 2017 Full Series Online Registration Form
Thank-you to our race sponsors:
Thank-you to our club sponsors:
NEW mystery location on the Saanich Peninsula in 2018.
The mildly undulating suburban/rural road course will be certified and the event is sanctioned by BC Athletics. Race records are 22:58 (Carey Nelson) and 25:28 (Natasha Wodak).
Post-race food and beverages will be served.
For prompt registration please enter online using the link shown above.
Printable entry forms are available around town and can be submitted by mail or dropped off at Frontrunners.
Early entry fee
Adults $25 - No shirt (to December 10, 2017)
Students $20 - No shirt, all full-time Students (to December 10, 2017)
Regular entry fee
Adults - $30 (December 11, 2017 to January 4, 2018) Students - $25
Late entry fee
Adults - $35 (January 5 to January 6, 2018) Students - $30
$40 (all entrants) on Race Day (January 7, 2018)
BC Athletics Members: Deduct $3
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
$25 early-bird: Up to Thursday, December 10, 2017
$30 regular fee: Up to Thursday, January 4, 2018. Online Entry closes at midnight Thursday, January 4, 2018
$35 late fee: Up to Saturday, January 6, 2018
Race day $40 fee: Sunday, January 7, 2018 - accepted until 10:30 a.m at the Registration Hall near the Start Line.
Race Package Pickup
Saturday, January 6, 2018 (the day before the race), between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at Frontrunners Footwear.
Race morning from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. at the Registration Hall.
Five year age groups from 20 to 90+, plus 16-19 and under-16
Awards and Presentations
Medals to the top three runners in each 5-year age group and ribbons to the top 10. Draw prizes will be presented at the awards ceremony. Some draw prizes may be pre-drawn.
Prize money and Harriers travel mugs to the top senior runners, male and female, and to the top master male and female (40+ on race day).
High Performance Athletes
- Event records are 22:58 by Carey Nelson in 1985 and 25:28 by Natasha Wodak in 2013.
- Complimentary Entry Standards: Men's Open: 25:00; Women's Open: 29:00; Men's Masters (40+): 27:00; Women's Masters (40+): 31:00
- Ferry costs may be subsidized for off-island athletes. Transportation is also available to and from the ferry.
- 2017 Complimentary Standards and Prize Money
- To apply for high performance consideration, please complete the 2017 High Performance Application Form
- The Harriers Pioneer 8K is the first race of the BC Super Series of 12 races throughout the province. Check the BC Athletics website for more information and the full race schedule. It is also the first race of 8 races in the Vancouver Island Race Series.
Archived results can be found at racestats.org Pioneer 8K Results.